ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed closing sales objectives.
- Responsible for generating leads; must meet set objectives.
- Revisit completed jobs following installation.
- Accurately measure and identify tubs or shower bases and walls at the time of the estimate using appropriate checklists and forms.
- Prepare detailed, accurate and legible estimates.
- Using proven Bath Fitter selling and process methods provide the customer with all information he or she needs to make a positive decision.
- Submit all checks, cash, credit card information and signed EOIs to the office each day.
- Maintain all sales presentation materials in top condition, replacing worn items as soon as necessary.
- As required keep assigned mall displays clean and supplied with brochures and sign-up cards; collect all leads and submit to the office immediately.
- Test-fit existing tubs with a Bath Fitter test shell whenever necessary.
- Work at home shows or other events, as assigned.
- Abide by all Bath Fitter policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Bath Fitter safety policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in regular branch and regional meetings and training sessions.
- Realize the Sales Consultant’s role as the personal representative of Bath Fitter while in uniform and while driving a company vehicle and act accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Education and/or Experience - High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent education.
- Previous in-home sales experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents, including procedures manuals, identification catalogs, and price lists.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written, illustrated or oral instructions.
- Communication Skills – Be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, and feel; to stand and walk; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or push/pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The work environment consists of indoor heated and cooled office space, and residential or commercial environments that may or may not be heated or cooled.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problem in a timely manner.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Diversity – Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals, values and code of ethics.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely and appropriate decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; reports unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.