Purpose: To support the Shift Manager in the day to day management of the department.
- Oversee the general operation of the shift and provide leadership/guidance alongside the Shift Manager.
- Responsible for the management and efficient coordination of workflow between various internal departments.
- Motivate and engage team members toward achievement of department targets/goals.
- Provide input into employee performance reviews.
- Manage issues of conflict.
- Deliver exceptional customer service through teamwork and quality commitments.
- Actively participate in projects and continuous improvement initiatives, in order to improve productivity and quality.
- Assist operators with technical equipment support via vendor escalation and provide training and coaching to new operators.
- Escalate technical issues that would directly jeopardize timely implementation of tests and projects to the appropriate parties
Trouble Shooting and Communication:
- Ensure direct communication with vendors and internal support departments
- Complete and maintain audit records
- Assist with training of production staff on quality processes, procedures, health and safety, privacy and security and technical processes.
Required skills and knowledge:
- 2-3 years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience working in a production or manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to work flexible hours as work flow demands
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
Required Competencies for Specialist level and above positions are listed below:
- Customer First
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Results and Accountability
- Business Acumen and Straight Talk
- Coaching and Leading Others
Please submit your application online in order to be given equal consideration. Applications received after this date will still be considered, however it should be noted that there may already be an identified candidate. Should you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Department.
Symcor is strongly committed to a diverse workforce reflective of our customers and our communities. Symcor is committed to Employment Equity in Canada.